Post by johnverv on Oct 22, 2019 18:42:08 GMT
I have been struggling to get SIV to load at startup via Task Scheduler
The process will load but seems to be in an incorrect user context, irrespective of what username I specify it to load under.
Running via the icon (params are -tray -aioctl -single) runs as expected with Tray Icon and immediately affects the Corsair Commander Mini and LED's
Corsair H80i, Commander Mini, K70 Lux Keyboard are the main kit
I also find that the because I have to run ICue and SIV in tandem, the services sometimes lock up and need to be restarted to get SIV control of the Corsair devices again.
Unfortunately because of the K90 Lux Keyboard I cannot remove ICue without losing all control of the keyboard features.
I do think the tray icon issue is seperate to the lockup issue so I have effectively scheduled a service restart every so often to avoid losing fan controls, so that is acceptable for now.
I see there were some other posts on this issue but no resolutions...
Top product this, Corsair should be taking notes...
Post by siv on Oct 22, 2019 19:17:23 GMT
Welcome to the forum and you seem to have two different issues. I suspect it would me best to deal with them one-by-one.
- I can't and won't support SIV running at the same time as iCUE/CL4, you need to read siv.boards.net/thread/14/running-same-time-corsair-icue and do what it says.
- If this does not work then I suggest you either don't use any Corsair bloatware and/or get Corsair to add a facility to their bloatware to select what it controls if you wish to use SIV.
- Over the years I have found I get told what users think is happening and sometimes this is incorrect. It's much easier to help if screen shots are posted so post a screen shot showing what you have setup.
- As Corsair use very similar names for different devices I need to be 100% sure what you have to be able to sensibly help, so post [ Link Devices ].
- When making statements such as "I see there were some other posts on this issue but no resolutions..." I feel you should post links as this avoids confusion.
- After you initially created the Scheduled Task did you manually run it? If so what happened and if not try doing this.